Reaching Out is Key
Helping buyers find the right opportunity
Not every business is right for just everyone. Although some entrepreneurs know exactly what type of business they’d like to own, others aren’t as sure what might be a good fit. Rather than leaving it to chance, The Firm Business Brokerage reaches out to qualified buyers to help them find the right opportunity for them. Tina McGill, Outreach Coordinator for The Firm, specializes in helping make those connections.
McGill brings years of experience in previous roles where she worked with both buyers and sellers. She understands the process and is able to effectively help clients understand how those transactions work as well. She’s also effective at gleaning an entrepreneur’s vision, whether it’s owning their own business or transitioning out of a current business they’re in. “With my experience I’m able to ask specific questions to help people narrow down what it is they’re looking for,” McGill said. These questions often include what the buyer’s interests are, and how much money they’d like to invest.
She also proactively reaches out to The Firm’s portfolio of qualified buyers to update them on current listings, or to existing companies that might want to expand their services if the business is a good fit. McGill also contacts community leaders throughout Omaha and the region to make sure they’re aware of any potential opportunities that might be a match for businesses in their area. “I’m always trying to increase the portfolio of buyers and understand what each of them wants,” she said.
One of the challenges McGill enjoys is the creative process involved with marketing the available listings. “I like to keep things fresh, exciting, and come up with new ways to make connections and reach out to those I think would be a good fit for a particular business,” she said. “I help determine what a buyer’s passion is, what they’re strengths are, and where there are opportunities for growth. It’s a lot like putting pieces of a puzzle together.”
Simply sending a buyer different listings and asking what they like and don’t like about it also goes a long way toward narrowing down the process. It can help potential business owners discover something new or expose them to a specialty business they may not have considered before. McGill added, “Our goal at The Firm is to help them find the right business they can get excited about.”
- 2020 Industry Highs and Lows
- What the "Big Buyers" Want
- What’s an earnout, and why does Ryan Reynolds have one?
- M&A Advisor or Business Broker?
- How to Sell a Business in 7 Easy* Steps
- The Firm Advisors: #1 in the World -- Again!
- Documentation is Key During This Time
- Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Work On Your Small Business (While You Aren't Working In It)
- Meet the Listing: Body Shop w/ Towing & Auto Repair
- Superstitions and Deal Killers
- Choosing Your Investments: Stock Market vs. Business Purchase
- Video: Deal Education
- Industry Spotlight: Advertising and Marketing
- Meet the Team: The Firm Advisors Office Tour
- Securing Your Business Against Ransomware
- M&A: What's an M, and what's an A?
- Location, Location, Relocation
- $20M in One Month
- Pet Care: A Recession-Proof Industry
- The Firm Named to BBB Honor Roll
- Firm Family Christmas
- Firmgiving 2019
- Cortney Sells on IBBA's Podcast
- The Firm Makes Inc. 5000
- M&A: The Industry Defying Gravity
- Have You Met Makayla?
- Dr. Lemberg's Pathway to Retirement
- Steven Makes His Mark in M&A
- Hot Off the Press - June 2019 Magazine
- All Good Things Take Time
- The Firm June Magazine Release Celebration
- The Firm Feels Good Doing Good
- Corner Kick Spoils our Swan
- Opportunity of the Week: A Business That Brightens Children’s Futures
- Q&A With Cortney: Stock Sale Versus Asset Sale
- The Ins and Outs of Seller Financing
- Preparing for the Perfect Retirement
- The Firm Is Breaking Industry Records & Poised for Growth in 2019
- Simply the Best
- Competitor Analysis, Opportunities Listed
- Dentist to Dreamer - Hard Work Pays Off!
- Kansas City Tech Company Useagility Sells to First Tek
- 8th Year as Omaha's Best Business Brokerage
- Sellers: Why You Should Finance Your Buyers
- Summer Intern 2017 - Ameya Shelby
- Industry Forecast: Mind the Generational Gap
- 8 Things We Wish Every Business Buyer Knew Before Calling Us
- Selling Your Business: Getting a Proper Business Valuation
- Asset Sales or Stock Sales: Determining the Best for Your Business Transaction
- Why (and How) Business Owners Are Selling in 2017
- The Law of 3's - Choosing the Right Kind of Broker
- A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- Confidential Business Reviews
- A Change of Pace to Business Ownership
- Confidentiality is at the Core of Business
- Moving into the Boardroom
- Buying a Business vs. Starting Your Own
- Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together is Just the Beginning
- Client Interfacing in the Digital Age
- Four Questions Every Buyer Should Ask
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016: Face of Business Brokerages
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales within Seller's Market - MBJ 2014