Client Interfacing in the Digital Age
Creating a personal experience
As the largest and most established business brokerage firm in the Midwest, The Firm Business Brokerage attracts clients from all over the United States, and even Canada. At any given time, our firm has over 100 businesses listed and advertised across multiple websites, and it’s important that I maintain communication regularly with all potential clients.
A large part of what I do on a daily basis is speaking with clients, whether it be in person, over the phone or via email. I make an effort to really get to know all of my clients, entrepreneurs and future entrepreneurs alike. It’s not always possible to meet face to face as many of my clients are out of state, and often times even outside of the Midwest. In these cases, I utilize a few different technological tools to help personalize and professionalize the buying and selling process.
When I receive a request for information from a potential client, I call and email them immediately. Once I reach them, I set up a time to complete an initial interview in my office or over the phone for those that aren’t local. For this I use a private dial in conference line, where the client will call into our company’s designated number and enter a code to be connected with me for the interview or conference call. I find this to be a far more professional interaction than just a spontaneous phone call. Of course, there are times the client just wants to complete the interview on initial contact and I do honor that request as well.
I use the same private conference line when facilitating a meeting between a potential buyer and business owner. As opposed to going back and forth with questions from the buyer to the seller via email, I connect them face to face or via phone. This conference line is a great tool to use, especially when there are multiple partners on the buy side.
Recently, we introduced video calling into our communication toolbox. This will serve to create an even more personalized relationship between not only myself and the clients, but between the clientele as well. It’s always good to put a name with a face, and video conferencing is the next best thing to having a personal meeting when it isn’t possible to do so.
Another form of technology we use in working with out-of-state clients is wire transfers. After all closing documents are agreed to and signed, we are able to wire funds on the day of closing. This electronic component has made the closing process for our out-of-state deals extremely easy for all parties involved.
In addition to the video calling and wire transfers, we are proud to release our proprietary software and brand new website that has been in the works for months. Our new website and CMS system will create an even more enjoyable client experience. With the CMS system in place, I’ll be able to spend more time with my clients while continuing to build ongoing relationships with them. Without a relationship, there is no trust and, without trust, there is no deal.
As we were building our new website, our focus has been on client experience. The clients will be able to maintain a private and confidential profile complete with all of their personal information while they shop for businesses according to their specifications. Once they locate a business that meets their criteria, I step in. My job is to assist them in getting all the information they are looking for and facilitating all meetings throughout the process, while working toward the ultimate goal of placing them with the right business for their wants and needs. Technology affords me the ability to do this remotely.
In the name of innovation, we continue to implement tools as new communicative technologies come available. Staying a step ahead gives us the competitive edge when it comes to serving the needs of all of our clients, both in-state and nationally.
- Learning From General Mills and Shrimp Tails
- 11 Years of Omaha Magazine’s “Best of B2B”
- Due Diligence: Preparation is Key
- Your Business as a Machine: Exit Planning Is Not Just for Exiting
- 10 Industries That Will See Post-Pandemic Profits
- Self-Care in a Pandemic
- Asset Sale vs. Stock Sale
- 5 Most Influential Women in the US
- Advertising Industry Outlook – Adapting Strategies
- How Important Is Due Diligence?
- 6 Best Christmas Movies of All Time
- Construction Industry Outlook – Remodeling & Renovation
- 4 Upcoming Business Trends of 2021
- Industries Booming During COVID-19
- What Are You Thankful For?
- Why it Makes Sense to Carry as a Seller
- Let's Talk About Pets
- What Exactly Are the Benefits of an SBA Loan?
- 2020 Industry Highs and Lows
- What the "Big Buyers" Want
- What’s an earnout, and why does Ryan Reynolds have one?
- M&A Advisor or Business Broker?
- How to Sell a Business in 7 Easy* Steps
- The Firm Advisors: #1 in the World -- Again!
- Documentation is Key During This Time
- Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Work On Your Small Business (While You Aren't Working In It)
- Meet the Listing: Body Shop w/ Towing & Auto Repair
- Superstitions and Deal Killers
- Choosing Your Investments: Stock Market vs. Business Purchase
- Video: Deal Education
- Industry Spotlight: Advertising and Marketing
- Meet the Team: The Firm Advisors Office Tour
- Securing Your Business Against Ransomware
- M&A: What's an M, and what's an A?
- Location, Location, Relocation
- $20M in One Month
- Pet Care: A Recession-Proof Industry
- The Firm Named to BBB Honor Roll
- Firm Family Christmas
- Firmgiving 2019
- Cortney Sells on IBBA's Podcast
- The Firm Makes Inc. 5000
- M&A: The Industry Defying Gravity
- Have You Met Makayla?
- Dr. Lemberg's Pathway to Retirement
- Steven Makes His Mark in M&A
- Hot Off the Press - June 2019 Magazine
- All Good Things Take Time
- The Firm June Magazine Release Celebration
- The Firm Feels Good Doing Good
- Corner Kick Spoils our Swan
- Opportunity of the Week: A Business That Brightens Children’s Futures
- Q&A With Cortney: Stock Sale Versus Asset Sale
- The Ins and Outs of Seller Financing
- Preparing for the Perfect Retirement
- The Firm Is Breaking Industry Records & Poised for Growth in 2019
- Simply the Best
- Competitor Analysis, Opportunities Listed
- Dentist to Dreamer - Hard Work Pays Off!
- Kansas City Tech Company Useagility Sells to First Tek
- 8th Year as Omaha's Best Business Brokerage
- Sellers: Why You Should Finance Your Buyers
- Summer Intern 2017 - Ameya Shelby
- Industry Forecast: Mind the Generational Gap
- 8 Things We Wish Every Business Buyer Knew Before Calling Us
- Selling Your Business: Getting a Proper Business Valuation
- Asset Sales or Stock Sales: Determining the Best for Your Business Transaction
- Why (and How) Business Owners Are Selling in 2017
- The Law of 3's - Choosing the Right Kind of Broker
- A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- Reaching Out is Key
- Confidential Business Reviews
- A Change of Pace to Business Ownership
- Confidentiality is at the Core of Business
- Moving into the Boardroom
- Buying a Business vs. Starting Your Own
- Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together is Just the Beginning
- Four Questions Every Buyer Should Ask
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016: Face of Business Brokerages
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales within Seller's Market - MBJ 2014