All Good Things Take Time
When retirement started calling Gary McGill’s name, he was referred to the right place to sell his business – The Firm, where he met his new buyer, Greg.
McGill Asbestos Abatement Company was founded in 1989 and since then, has become the premier provider of the asbestos abatement services in the Omaha area. With 20 asbestos specialists in place, only approximately 85% is completed for commercial or industrial buildings, while 15% of the work is done on residential structures. Upcoming work will include the renovations of major hospitals and universities in the Omaha area, accounting for $15M in potential future income for Greg.
For as long as he can remember, Greg always had a dream of being a business-owner, and now he is. Previously working at Kiewit Construction, he knew McGill would be his next great adventure as soon as he learned more about Gary’s business. When Greg and Gary met in the summer of 2018, there was a great connection. Closing on June 3 a year later proves that all good things take time.
This deal was made possible by Brenda Gibson from Northwest Bank. Brenda is a wonderful lender who The Firm has had the pleasure of working with many times. Now that McGill is officially Greg’s, Gary will stay on-board to assist in the transition to ensure all clients and employees are well taken care of.
With McGill closing, this marks The Firm’s 26th closing in only 24 weeks! At this rate, we are right on-track to break our 2018 record of 52 businesses closed in 52 weeks.
If you or someone you know is interested in selling your business, call us at 402.998.5288
- 2020 Industry Highs and Lows
- What the "Big Buyers" Want
- What’s an earnout, and why does Ryan Reynolds have one?
- M&A Advisor or Business Broker?
- How to Sell a Business in 7 Easy* Steps
- The Firm Advisors: #1 in the World -- Again!
- Documentation is Key During This Time
- Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Work On Your Small Business (While You Aren't Working In It)
- Meet the Listing: Body Shop w/ Towing & Auto Repair
- Superstitions and Deal Killers
- Choosing Your Investments: Stock Market vs. Business Purchase
- Video: Deal Education
- Industry Spotlight: Advertising and Marketing
- Meet the Team: The Firm Advisors Office Tour
- Securing Your Business Against Ransomware
- M&A: What's an M, and what's an A?
- Location, Location, Relocation
- $20M in One Month
- Pet Care: A Recession-Proof Industry
- The Firm Named to BBB Honor Roll
- Firm Family Christmas
- Firmgiving 2019
- Cortney Sells on IBBA's Podcast
- The Firm Makes Inc. 5000
- M&A: The Industry Defying Gravity
- Have You Met Makayla?
- Dr. Lemberg's Pathway to Retirement
- Steven Makes His Mark in M&A
- Hot Off the Press - June 2019 Magazine
- The Firm June Magazine Release Celebration
- The Firm Feels Good Doing Good
- Corner Kick Spoils our Swan
- Opportunity of the Week: A Business That Brightens Children’s Futures
- Q&A With Cortney: Stock Sale Versus Asset Sale
- The Ins and Outs of Seller Financing
- Preparing for the Perfect Retirement
- The Firm Is Breaking Industry Records & Poised for Growth in 2019
- Simply the Best
- Competitor Analysis, Opportunities Listed
- Dentist to Dreamer - Hard Work Pays Off!
- Kansas City Tech Company Useagility Sells to First Tek
- 8th Year as Omaha's Best Business Brokerage
- Sellers: Why You Should Finance Your Buyers
- Summer Intern 2017 - Ameya Shelby
- Industry Forecast: Mind the Generational Gap
- 8 Things We Wish Every Business Buyer Knew Before Calling Us
- Selling Your Business: Getting a Proper Business Valuation
- Asset Sales or Stock Sales: Determining the Best for Your Business Transaction
- Why (and How) Business Owners Are Selling in 2017
- The Law of 3's - Choosing the Right Kind of Broker
- A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- Reaching Out is Key
- Confidential Business Reviews
- A Change of Pace to Business Ownership
- Confidentiality is at the Core of Business
- Moving into the Boardroom
- Buying a Business vs. Starting Your Own
- Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together is Just the Beginning
- Client Interfacing in the Digital Age
- Four Questions Every Buyer Should Ask
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016: Face of Business Brokerages
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales within Seller's Market - MBJ 2014