The Firm Shatters Industry Records
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
402-998-5288, Ext. 107
The Firm Shatters Industry Records for Number of Business Deals
The company has shown outstanding growth and is poised for continued success.
OMAHA, NE, March 20, 2019 — Currently in its ninth year, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) consulting organization The Firm has helped hundreds of business owners plan their exit strategies and brought them together with qualified buyers. Last year, The Firm closed 52 deals, breaking not only the company’s own records but also industry records, according to the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA).
“We’ve seen steady growth every year, but we really took the industry by storm in 2018,” said Cortney Sells, president and founder of The Firm. “Now, we’re focused on keeping that momentum, growing our team, and continuing to provide our clients with the superb selling and buying experiences we’re known for. Closing 52 deals last year was incredible, and we’re on track to close even more this year.”
Based in Omaha, Nebraska, The Firm has grown from Sells working on her own with local business owners and buyers, to more than 16 full-time, in-house team members working with thousands of business owners and buyers internationally. In fact, The Firm has relationships with more than 11,400 qualified buyers, which gives business owners a head start in selling their businesses.
Since January, The Firm has closed 11 deals and has another 32 closings pending. The Firm currently has an industry-leading 139 opportunities listed and $276 million in assets under management (AUM).
Sells has no intention of slowing down; she wants The Firm to become a global name in M&A consulting. With more than 280 deals under her belt, she’s an industry expert, and she has a track record of success. Before starting The Firm, Sells founded Agency 89, which became Nebraska’s first licensed talent school. She served as president until the agency’s acquisition in 2009.
“It’s so exciting to work in the M&A industry and to have a direct influence on it,” Sells said. “The team at The Firm is working so hard to take the business to the next level — I think every one of us has the same love for new challenges, and that’s a key element of what drives the company’s success. One of our core values is grit, and I can honestly say that it’s a quality everyone at The Firm has.”
About The Firm
The Firm is a Woman-Owned Small Business and one of the largest U.S.-based business brokerages specializing in the sale and purchase of successful medium-sized and large businesses with positive cash flow. From our first conversation through closing and beyond, we remain focused on providing an unparalleled experience for our clients, and we pride ourselves on ensuring the utmost confidentiality and delivering a result that satisfies both buyers and sellers at the closing table.
Our team of experts comprises full-time, in-house resources who provide an unparalleled level of personal customer service. With $276 million in assets under management (AUM), our portfolio includes businesses for sale around the globe and is continually growing and changing to include new regions. For more information, visit our website at TheFirmBusinessBrokerage.com.
- A Little Science Goes a Long Way
- Once Upon a Dream Come True: Couple Finds an Investment Gem in Once Upon a Child
- The Firm Business Brokerage Announces New Website Launch
- Bittersweet Success: Gigi's Cupcakes Changes Hands
- Don't Let the Fur Fly: A Great Deal for Nebraska and Iowa Veterinarians
- Military Veteran Acquires The College of Nail Design and Bella Dea Day Spa
- Floor Pros to Remain in Community Under New Ownership
- The Choice is Clear: Clean Title & Escrow is Now Clear Title & Abstract, LLC
- Just Like Home Childcare Center Grows into New Ownership
- Dogtopia Soars 30% Since Ownership Transition
- Country Tire Changes Hands
- Tanners Bar & Grill Opens Fourth Location in Northwest Omaha
- Plattsmouth, Sisters Cafe Sold
- Diamond Laundry Services of Omaha Under New Ownership
- Bellevue IT Company Managed.com Sold
- First Light HomeCare Changes Hands
- Comfort Plus Shoes Purchased